COVID-19: Customer Guidance
St James Business Centre remains open and operational.
Our primary focus is always the health, safety and well-being of our employees and tenants. We are working hard to offer support and assistance to both tenants and business partners during this challenging time.
We have introduced a new set of protocols for tenants who wish to return to the workplace following the prime minister’s announcement on May 10th and his subsequent publication of guidance called ‘Working safely during coronavirus’.
A detailed set of site operating procedures have been finalised following a review of this latest government guidance, which we have shared with our tenants. These procedures will be under constant review and will change, if needed, as further guidance is issued by the government.
We have invested in a wide range of site-appropriate initiatives, from floor markings to help with social distancing measures in communal spaces, to wall-mounted hand sanitiser units and strict one-way policies on staircases.
We’re encouraging tenants to follow best practice and continue to exploit technology to minimise unnecessary contact. If meetings can continue to be conducted via technology, for example, that will minimise risk for our building staff as well as our tenants. As the rules evolve, so will our approach.
To limit the impact of COVID-19 on our business and to ensure the day-to-day running remains effective, our colleagues, where possible, are working from home with full access to our database and communications network.
Our building manager is on site each day and is in continual conversations with our tenants and business partners, sharing updates and information relating to COVID-19.
As expected, we have had to reduce services in some places and focus on the basics of keeping our buildings, employees and tenants safe and secure.
All community events have been suspended until further notice. We are reviewing the situation regularly but are taking direction from the government and Public Health England and following all the necessary steps to keep us and our community safe. We will continue to follow guidance and will reinstate events when it is OK to do so.
While businesses continue to be affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, we will share company news as well as any financial support available from the government and other sources. Please find the latest updates and position on UK government support below:
- Government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
- Coronavirus job retention scheme – https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme/
- Coronavirus business interruptions loan scheme (CBILS) – https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/coronavirus-business-interruption-loan-scheme/
- Small business bounce back loan https://www.gov.uk/government/news/small-businesses-boosted-by-bounce-back-loans
- Small business grant funding – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-business-support-grant-funding-guidance-for-businesses
- Support for businesses paying tax – https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/support-for-businesses-paying-tax/
- VAT deferral – https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/vat-deferral/
- Deferral of self-assessment payment – https://www.businesssupport.gov.uk/deferral-of-self-assessment-payment/
- R&D tax credits – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation-tax-research-and-development-rd-relief
- Future fund – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/future-fund